Today, all the way over in Tokyo, Japan, @dannysdayout is sharing with us her 3 favorite hikes! We cannot wait to experience these mind blowing landscapes in real life! Thank you so much, Danny!
Mount Fuji (3,776m)
Access: 3 hours away from Tokyo by bullet train
Best Season: Summer (from July to September)
Distance: 16 km Estimated Completion Time: 10 hours
- Best Trail: Yoshida Trail
- Bring a headlamp, warm clothing, rain gear, and hard sole footwear
- If you’re aiming to catch the sunrise from the summit, book a mountain hut in advance
- Bring coins for the bathroom
Mount Tsukuba (877m)
Access: 2 hours away from Tokyo by Tsukuba Express Line and Kanto Tetsudo bus
Best Season: Early Summer (May and early June), on weekdays in the morning or early afternoon
Distance: 5 km Estimated Completion Time: 4.5 hours
- There are two peaks—Mount Nyotai (877m) and Mount Nantai (871m)
- Start your climb from Tsukubasan Shrine
- Bring a towel and some mosquito repellent
- Cable car and ropeway services are available. Utilize them according to the weather and your health conditions.
- Stay on the main trail so you will occasionally have access to toilets and vending machines
- Make sure you wear warm clothing – layers are best, and rain wear
- After the hike, enjoy a hot spring bath in Yumoto Onsen
- This is a fairly easy and relaxing trail great for the whole family
To shop our Hiked It Liked It collection that Danny is wearing click here.